If you haven’t heard, 2019 is Wasena neighborhood’s centennial year! That’s right, Wasena officially became part of the city in 1919, and we want to celebrate our past, present and future with you!
One hundred years is an exciting achievement, but it is especially meaningful given the recent revival of Main Street and the neighborhood as a whole. We want you to join us of the Weekend of Oct. 4th thru 6th for the centennial as a way to celebrate all that Wasena has to offer and highlight the our great neighborhood and help the community continue to build on the current excitement.
The event consists of two parts:
1. Specials and deals from Wasena businesses for the duration of the weekend – available during their normal business hours.
2. A booth hosted by the Wasena Neighborhood Forum that will be selling new Wasena merch, raffle tickets, giving out information on the neighborhood for both residents and potential residents, hosting a fun Wasena scavenger hunt, and more!
The booth will be located in the lot next to RND and across the Street from Line + Tow. The both will be open during the event hours, but business specials will be available during full business hours and may extend past official Wasena Weekend hours.
Please check back here as the event approaches for more information. You can also follow us on instagram (@wasenaroanoke) or on Facebook for more information.
Wasena Weekend Specials!
- Try the new Bolla Bee Light Meade at Blacksnake Meadery/The Hive This weekend only!
- 20% off Greenway Bike Rentals at Roanoke Mountain Adventures.
- Get the Wasena Annivesary cocktail and Tapped Out Poutine at the Wasena Tap Room as well as 10% off!
- Try Bloom’s Wasena/Main St. cocktail only available this weekend!
- Try RND’s The “Wasena 100” – A play on a “French 75” which is a classic cocktail from the prohibition era. Flavor Profile: An iced espresso mocktail, with tones of lemon and and white grape sweetness.
- $1 off all “Limited Menu Lattes” and $1 off the new “RND Fancy Bagel”
- 10$ off any purchase of $30 or more at RetroGetgo.
- Friday Night (4-11PM) Green Goat will donated 10% of food sales to Wasena!
- 20% off of Regular day passes and rental gear packages at River Rock Climbing Gym.
- Waive the start-up fees for River Rock Climbing Gym EFT memberships when you share the code word “Wasena Weekend”!
- $25 Gift Card with a glass pint for the Wasena Tap Room
- $25 Gift Card with a t-shirt for for the Wasena Tap Room
- 1/2 Day Rental for 2 People and a Hat for Roanoke Mountain Adventure (up to $130 Value)
- 20% off Gift Card and a stemless wine glass for Blacksnake Meadery/The Hive
- An intimate holiday themed baking class with Chef Madi of Bloom on Sunday, November 24th at 10:30 am, for four people (value of $55/per person; $220.) The raffle winner of the class will have an opportunity to both watch, and work alongside chef Madi as they prepare their very own pastries. The donation item will also include a complimentary non-alcoholic beverage, “snacks”, and the winner and their guests will be able to take home the baked good they prepared.
- Gift Certificate for David Lee Michaels (up to a $600 value)
- $50 Gift Certificate for RetroGetgo
- Brunch for 4 at the Green Goat!
- 1 month prepaid membership at River Rock Climbing Gym!
- $100 Gift Card to Line & Tow!
Special Thanks to our partners, Garland Properties, in helping put together this fantastic event.