The Wasena Neighborhood Forum is excited to announce the 3rd Annual Wasena Weekend is taking place October 7th thru the 9th! Please join us in celebrating our neighborhood, supporting our businesses, and raising funds for future neighborhood projects!
Visit us at the WNF Booth to learn about the weekend’s specials and promotions, enter the raffle for chances to win great prizes, and pick up the newest Wasena merchandise, including a newly designed full-color T-shirt!
- Friday: Hangout 5-8pm at the Wasena City Tap Room (we’ll be posted up out front)
- Friday Activity: Wasena Pub Crawl! Do a Pub Crawl, Win a Pub Crawl. Buy a drink at each or our 3 watering holes on Friday, The Tap Room, The Green Goat, and bloom’s patio bar (direct access from sidewalk), keep your receipts to show us at the booth anytime throughout the weekend and you’ll be entered to win Gift Certificates to all 3 places to crawl again another time! (self guided activity for you and your friends)
- Saturday: Main Street Village 10am-2pm (corner of Wasena Ave & Main St)
- Saturday Evening: Family Friendly Outdoor Movie at the Green Goat 6 pm – 9pm (movie to start about 7pm) Encanto | Free Popcorn! (we’ll be out back by the fire pits)
- Sunday: Main Street Village 10am-1PM (corner of Wasena Ave and Main St)
Also, we have our neighborhood meeting on the 6th, 6:30 to 7:30 Wasena Park Pavilion
Buffalo Hemp Company: 10% off Sale all weekend long at the Wasena store location!
Field Day : 15% off all weekend long at the Wasena store location!
Roanoke Mountain Adventures : 10% off all new merchandise for the weekend!
Creme Fresh : 2 pints for $15 all weekend!
Wasena City Tap Room: WCTR T-Shirt and $50 gift certificate! (2 chances to win)
Buffalo Hemp Company: Gift Basket with assorted goodies!
River Rock Climbing Gym: A pair of day passes including equipment rental (3 chances to win)
bloom : A “Wasena Picnic Pack” featuring exclusively bloom designed picnic gear & goodies!
RND : 2lbs of the “Main Street” blend locally roasted coffee!
RND : Vacuum sealed RND logoed Growler!
Front Porch Prezzies and Gift Baskets : Customized locally sourced gift basket!
Roanoke Mountain Adventure : $50 Gift Certificate! (2 chances to win)
Field Day Juice Club : $50 gift certificate!
Green Goat : “Couples Fire Pit Kit” 2 Hoodies, 2 mugs (filled w/ hot chocolate) & S’mores!
The American Flyer : Biking Water Bottle and Biking Socks
For the last 10 years, Garland Properties has been restoring, repurposing, and saving historic buildings in Roanoke and the surrounding areas. They have been responsible for some of the coolest real estate projects around that happen to include a good portion of the Wasena Village! In addition to the commercial spaces, Garland Properties restored the large house on the corner of Winona Ave and Main Street to create the “Winona House.” This 4 unit, beautifully decorated, and super convenient “Airbnb-esque” property is managed along with other great places to stay in town through their partner organization StayRoanoke.com. If you have friends or family that would like to stay in Roanoke, check them out first!
James has been a Wasena neighbor since 1999. For those that know him, you know there is probably not another individual that has contributed more to Wasena’s livability, aesthetic beauty, and recent successes than James. He has been recognized over the years on multiple occasions by the City of Roanoke for his contributions and service and by The Arbor Day Foundation as an Urban Forestry Hero. His appreciation for our neighborhood carries over into his work with Wainwright & Co. and should make your next choice easy when in need of or referring a Realtor. Just call James, “your ‘015 Insider” at 540-819-7446 or email at email@example.com.